Bruce Spargo was born and raised in Zimbabwe. He followed a career in the Rhodesian Army where he attained the rank of sergeant in the Special Air Service (SAS). A 14 year stint as a commercial saturation diver then led him into the private security arena where he worked across the globe as a security consultant.
He then forayed into the film and television business and is an accomplished documentary producer.
- Producer & writer on ‘Whispering the Wild’ – a documentary shot in Namibia in 2004 for Discovery Channel/Animal Planet
- Producer & writer of ‘Kurdistan – The Other Iraq’ - a travel adventure documentary shot in northern Iraq
- Producer on ‘Lords of War’ – a documentary pilot for Nat Geo US depicting the ruthless side of business in reconstructing Afghanistan
- Producer & writer on ‘Manzovo – Place of the Elephants’ a feature documentary in development which depicts one man’s quest to raise awareness of the plight of the African Elephant
- Co-producer on ‘Blood Lily’ – a feature film in development with Warp Media